Recipe - Strawberry Rhubarb & Cream Tart
You can get ingredients for this recipe from the market!
Try Rosecrest Farm's organic butter, rhubarb from Ambergardens, strawberries from Sidhu farms, and eggs from Gageby Farms
For the dough:
2 cups flour [also delicious with part whole wheat flour]
1 stick salted butter (8 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup brown sugar
water – about 4-6 Tbsp
For the filling:
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
2 cups rhubarb (1/2-1 inch pieces)
2 cups strawberries (quartered)
1 cup heavy cream
2 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pulse together the flour, butter, baking powder, and sugar in a food processor.
- Drizzle water into the mixture until it comes together and can be formed into a ball of dough.
- Next, press the dough into a 10″ springform pan, being sure to go up the sides at least 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 inches (so the liquid doesn’t overflow). Refrigerate until needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cardamom, and cinnamon. In a measuring cup whisk the cream together with the egg yolks.
- Add chopped strawberries and rhubarb to a large bowl. Toss with flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Add the strawberries to the tart and pour the cream/egg yolk mixture over the top.
- Bake until the berries are softened and the cream is set, about 30-40 minutes.
- This tart is traditionally served cold, and looks great with a gentle dusting of powdered sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Global Table Adventure http://globaltableadventure.com/